Software-Defined Lidar Solution for Automated Incident Detection
Automated Incident Detection (AID) systems for highway, bridge and tunnel monitoring considerably reduces response and clearing times, as well as road congestion — improving overall safety and efficiency. However, current technologies, such as cameras, radars, and loops, have significant limitations. Cameras and radars do not have the versatility to adapt to changing traffic and environmental conditions. Therefore, they are not equipped to provide the highly accurate data needed to detect traffic disruptions or incidents in real time. To put it simply: successful operation of AID applications cannot rely on legacy sensors.
AEye’s 4Sight™ M Addresses Perception Sensor Challenges
4Sight™ M is a software-defined lidar sensor that leverages AEye’s Intelligent Sensing Platform to enable perception to better locate, identify and track objects over time. It is specifically designed to complement cameras, radars, and loops in existing AID applications, dramatically improving data collection speed and quality.
- Enables faster, more accurate and reliable perception up to 350m
- Extends sensing capabilities of existing AID applications — improving overall safety
- Performs in all lighting, weather, and environmental conditions
- Provides better, more accurate data to drive decisions for highway, bridge, and tunnel monitoring
AEye’s 4Sight™ M for Automated Incident Detection
The 4Sight™ perception engine provides accurate, high-quality road and traffic data in real time to support a diverse range of Automated Incident Detection (AID) applications.
Wrong way detection
Objects on roadway
Road congestion and occupancy level
Vehicle type classification
Pedestrians/bicycles on roadway
Vehicles under speed and overspeed
Up to 350m per sensor
- Library of unique performance modes specifically designed and optimized for any AID application
- Highest depth information data quality to improve perception speed and accuracy
- Up to four returns to greatly improve data collection in adverse weather and all environmental conditions
- Ultra-long-range detection optimized for highway, bridge, and tunnel monitoring
Optimized for Automated Incident Detection
AEye’s 4Sight™ perception solution defines the future of Automated Incident Detection performance.
- Easy to use and deploy – Easy to operate, low maintenance cost, simple installation, and commissioning.
- Avoid development uncertainty – Software-defined lidar sensor optimized for AID application needs.
- Ultra-long-range performance — The most advanced sensor technology to scale down existing sensing solutions.
- Flexible integration — High versatility regarding sensor height, pitch angle, number of lanes, traffic density and type of data to extract.