The First Intelligent, Active, LiDAR Sensor System
High-performance, software-configurable LiDAR for safer Mobility.
Built on AEye’s unique iDAR™ platform, 4Sight M meets the diverse array of performance and functional requirements for the Mobility market with its industry-leading LiDAR performance, integrated intelligence, advanced vision capabilities, and unmatched reliability and safety. 4Sight M is a cost-effective, customizable perception solution that leverages the complete iDAR software platform and includes a comprehensive SDK for an extensible roadmap to autonomous Mobility.
Redefining LiDAR Performance
4Sight M establishes a benchmark for the next generation of LiDAR sensors and intelligent robotic vision systems.
- Software-configurable range optimization of 1cm to 1,000 meters
- As much as 1,600 points per square degree
- Standard horizontal and vertical resolution less than 0.1°
- Triggerable instantaneous resolution of 0.025°
- Update rate of up to 100Hz
More information, less data.
- Collects 4-8x the information of conventional, fixed pattern LiDAR at a fraction of the energy
- Library of functionally safe, deterministic scan patterns
- Enhanced ground plane detection to determine topology at extended ranges
- Optional integrated automotive camera, boresight aligned with agile LiDAR to generate true color point clouds
- Parallel camera-only feed provides cost-effective, redundant camera sensor
Advanced Vision Capabilities
Addressing the most challenging edge cases.
- Targets and classifies objects 10-20x more accurately than camera-only systems through HD ROIs
- Detects and classifies objects using intraframe radial and lateral velocity
- Detects foliage and adverse weather conditions using dynamic range and full-waveform processing of multiple returns
- Detects pedestrians at over 300 meters
- Detects small, low-reflective objects at over 160 meters
Unmatched Reliability and Safety
Designed to meet the diverse range of performance and functional safety requirements to power autonomous and partially automated applications.
- Proven to sustain mechanical shock of over 50G, random vibration over 12Grms (5-2000Hz), and sustained vibration of over 3G
- Solid-state reliability
- 1550nm Class 1 laser product per IEC 60825-1:2014
- Ingress Protection: IP69K
4Sight M Product Specifications
|LiDAR Specifications||4Sight M|
|Field of View||60° x 30° Baseline|
|Angular Resolution||0.1° horizontal (x) & vertical (y)|
|Triggerable Instantaneous Resolution||0.025°|
|User-Defined Frame Rate||Up to 100Hz|
|Software-Configurable Range||From 1cm to 1000m|
A game-changing sensor family optimized for ADAS applications.
Software-configurable and built on a modular architecture, the 4Sight A series is easily customizable to address the specific design requirements for multiple OEMs. Manufactured and updated by our Tier 1 partners for the entire lifecycle of the vehicle, the 4Sight A series features industry leading, long-range ADAS performance, designed to address the need for high-performance applications. 4Sight A is built on 1550nm, solid-state, active LiDAR and AEye’s unique, patented, advanced MEMS.
The 4Sight A’s software configurability enables the creation of deterministic scan patterns and Regions of Interest (ROIs) that can be defined for various ADAS applications, use cases, or driving scenarios, such as highway and urban, without any hardware replacement. The 4Sight A includes six layers of interference mitigation, anti-spoofing technology, and is under ASIL-B functional safety certification — ensuring it meets the automotive industry’s stringent safety standards.
Unique Features of 4Sight A (includes all features of 4Sight M optimized for ADAS):
- Active LiDAR enables user’s choice of deterministic scan patterns catered to specific use cases and applications, such as collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking (AEB)
- Feature-specific Fixed Regions of Interest (ROIs) designed to detect threats from various locations
- Optional camera integration cues LiDAR for additional environmental data and sensor redundancy
- Perception advancements made available through a software reference library
- Windshield, grill, and other discreet vehicle integration options
- SWaP optimized
- FuSa/SOTIF compliant for signal path — providing necessary determinism for testing and validation
- Priced 1.5-3x lower than other long or medium range LiDAR for ADAS applications with SOP 2023
- Option to non-deterministically scan without breaking the FuSa signal path — reducing the known unknowns required for SOTIF/ISO2144
Flexible Placement Options
iDAR’s modular architecture enables seamless, cost-effective 360° coverage around the vehicle.
- Configurable for high-volume Mobility applications with SOP 2021 at a 2-5x lower price than other high-performance LiDAR
- Production packaging options include roof, grill, and behind the windshield (software optimized depending on the placement)