Reliable, scalable performance with software-definable flexibility.
4Sight M is the industry’s most powerful perception sensor.
Built on AEye’s unique iDAR™ platform, the 4Sight M is designed to meet the diverse range of performance and functional requirements to power autonomous and partially automated applications in mobility, trucking, transit, construction, rail, intelligent traffic systems (ITS), aerospace and defense markets. 4Sight M leverages the complete iDAR software platform and includes a comprehensive SDK for a fully customizable solution.
Redefining LiDAR Performance
4Sight M establishes a benchmark for the next generation of LiDAR sensors and intelligent robotic vision systems.
- Software definable range optimization of 1cm to 1,000 meters
- Over 1,600 points per square degree
- Horizontal and vertical resolution less than 0.1°
- Instantaneous addressable resolution of 0.025°
- Update rate of up to 100Hz
More information, less data.
- Collects 4-8x the information of conventional, fixed pattern LiDAR at a fraction of the energy
- Library of functionally safe, deterministic scan patterns
- Enhanced ground plane detection to determine topology at extended ranges
- Optional integrated automotive camera, boresight aligned with agile LiDAR to generate true color point clouds
- Parallel camera-only feed provides cost-effective, redundant camera sensor
Advanced Vision Capabilities
Addressing the most challenging edge cases.
- Targeting and classification of objects 10-20x more accurately than camera-only systems through HD ROIs
- Detects and classifies objects using intraframe radial and lateral velocity
- Dynamic range and full-waveform processing of multiple returns enables detection through foliage and adverse weather conditions
- Detects pedestrians at over 200 meters
- Detects small, low reflective objects at over 160 meters
Unmatched Reliability and Safety
Designed to meet the diverse range of performance and functional safety requirements to power autonomous and partially automated applications.
- Proven to sustain mechanical shock of over 50G, random vibration over 12Grms (5-2000Hz), and sustained vibration of over 3G
- Solid-state reliability
- A 1550nm Class 1 laser product per IEC 60825-1:2014
- Ingress Protection: IP69K
Flexible Placement Options
iDAR’s unique system design enables seamless, cost-effective 360° coverage around the vehicle.
- Configurable for high-volume Mobility applications with SOP 2021 at a 2x-5x lower price than other high-performance LiDAR
- Priced 1.5-3x lower than other long or medium range LiDAR for ADAS applications with SOP 2023
- Production packaging options include roof, grill, and behind the windshield (software optimized depending on the placement)
4Sight M Product Specifications
|LiDAR Specifications||4Sight M|
|Field of View||60° x 30° Baseline|
|Angular Resolution||0.1° horizontal (x) & vertical (y)|
|HD Region of Interest||0.025°|
|User-Defined Frame Rate||Up to 100Hz|
|Range||205m @ 10% Reflectivity (standard); Software configurable from 1cm to 1000m|
The 4Sight A Series is a game-changing, solid-state sensor family for ADAS applications.
Designed to address the need for modular, high-performance sensors based on the iDAR platform, the 4Sight A Series features the industry’s only software definable LiDAR and industry-leading ADAS performance. The 4Sight A Series includes six layers of interference mitigation, anti-spoofing technology, and is under ASIL-B functional safety certification — ensuring it meets the automotive industry’s stringent safety standards.
Unique ADAS Offerings at Design Time:
- Agile LiDAR enables user’s choice of deterministic scan patterns catered to specific use cases and applications, such as collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking (AEB).
- Feature-specific Fixed Regions of Interest (ROIs) designed to detect threats from various locations.
- Optional camera integration cues LiDAR for additional environmental data and sensor redundancy.
- Perception advancements made available through a software reference library.
- Windshield, grill, and other discreet vehicle integration options.
- FuSa/SOTIF compliant for signal path — providing necessary determinism for testing and validation.
- Option to non-deterministically scan without breaking the FuSa signal path — reducing the potential unknown, unsafe conditions as required for SOTIF/ISO2144.