One Platform, Endless Applications
Reliable, scalable performance with software-definable flexibility.
4Sight M is the industry’s most powerful perception sensor.
Built on AEye’s unique iDAR™ platform, the 4Sight M is designed to meet the diverse range of performance and functional requirements to power autonomous and partially automated applications in automotive, trucking, transit, construction, rail, intelligent traffic systems (ITS), aerospace and defense markets. 4Sight M leverages the complete iDAR software platform, which incorporates an upgraded visualizer (to model various shot patterns) and a comprehensive SDK for a fully extensible and customizable solution. 4Sight M provides automotive-grade ruggedness combined with software-definable range optimization of up to 1000m and 0.025°resolution at a fraction of the price of current LiDAR sensors.
Unique Features of 4Sight M:
- Up to 4 million points per second with horizontal and vertical resolution less than 0.1°
- Ability to deploy multiple High-Definition Regions of Interest (ROIs) to enable targeting and classification of objects 10x to 20x more accurately than camera-only systems — while delivering the information 10x faster
- Agile LiDAR allows for a user-defined library of deterministic scan patterns triggered by driving conditions and/or vehicle location
- Detection of small, low reflective objects such tire fragments, bricks, or other road debris (10x50cm at 10% reflectivity) at ranges of over 120 meters
- Detection through foliage and adverse weather conditions such as rain and fog through the use of dynamic range, full-waveform processing of multiple returns
- Fuses 1550 nanometer (nm), solid-state agile MEMS LiDAR, an optional low-light HD camera, and embedded AI to intelligently capture data at the sensor level; enables the collection of 4x to 8x the information of conventional, fixed pattern LiDAR at a fraction of the energy
- Combining the camera’s 2D pixels with the LiDAR’s 3D voxels creates Dynamic Vixels,™ a new data type which helps the AI refine the LiDAR point cloud around objects of interest
- Designed and tested for solid-state performance and reliability; has proven in third-party testing to sustain mechanical shock of over 50G, random vibration over 12Grms (5-2000Hz)
- Perception advancements made available through a software reference library
- iDAR’s flexible system design enables seamless, cost-effective 360° coverage around the vehicle; seamlessly combine 4Sight As and 4Sight Ms to meet your specific requirements
- A 1550nm Class 1 laser product per IEC 60825-1:2014
4Sight M Product Features
|LiDAR Specifications||4Sight M|
|Field of View||60° x 30° Baseline|
|Angular Resolution||0.1° horizontal (x) & vertical (y)|
|HD Region of Interest||0.025°|
|User-Defined Frame Rate||Up to 100Hz|
|Range||205m @ 10% Reflectivity (standard); Software configurable up to 1000m|
|Unique iDAR Capabilities||4Sight M||Current Industry Capabilities|
|Point/Blob Revisit Rate||<< 1msec||N/A|
|Agile Frame Rate||Up to 100Hz||N/A|
|Region of Interest Frame Time (Average)||10ms (900 points)||N/A|
|True Color Point Clouds||Yes||N/A|
|Enhanced Sensing Modes||Yes||N/A|
|Software Definable||Yes, comprehensive SDK with ROS support||N/A|
|Perception Software Library||Yes||N/A|
|Object Classification Range||Up to 200m (>100m with full instance segmentation)||N/A|
|Annotated Training Data||Yes||N/A|
The 4Sight A Series is a game-changing, solid-state sensor family for ADAS applications.
Designed to address the need for modular, high-performance sensors based on the iDAR platform, the 4Sight A Series features the industry’s only software definable LiDAR and industry-leading ADAS performance. The 4Sight A Series includes six layers of interference mitigation, anti-spoofing technology, and is under ASIL-B functional safety certification — ensuring it meets the automotive industry’s stringent safety standards.
Unique ADAS Offerings at Design Time:
- Agile LiDAR enables user’s choice of deterministic scan patterns catered to specific use cases and applications, such as collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking (AEB).
- Feature-specific Fixed Regions of Interest (ROIs) designed to detect threats from various locations.
- Optional camera integration cues LiDAR for additional environmental data and sensor redundancy.
- Perception advancements made available through a software reference library.
- Windshield, grill, and other discreet vehicle integration options.
- FuSa/SOTIF compliant for signal path — providing necessary determinism for testing and validation.
- Option to non-deterministically scan without breaking the FuSa signal path — reducing the potential unknown, unsafe conditions as required for SOTIF/ISO2144.